Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Gah! Twilight Tuesday....



I don't know if you all are as excited as we are about today's Twilight Tuesday announcement.... (waitng for you to recover from fainting)....Yes, thats right, on Sunday we will get our first glimpse of a scene from the highly anticipated Twilight movie. If you haven't done so yet, check out the article on www.mtv.com! I am not sure about anyone else, but my students and I found the question and answer session to be rather tame compared to the extreme joy and anxiety that resulted from learning that we would be seeing our first look at the movie that we are drooling to see! If you noticed I did mention the word anxiety....my twilight students are highly nervous about seeing the clip. This is something I can understand. All of the pictures and behind the scenes footage has left me really impressed (with the exception of the poster which I think looks horrid), but thats nothing to seeing an actual clip, an actual visual representation of what we dreamt of while reading the novel. Here are some of the questions proposed by my students after learning the  news, granted some are in jest, but some are pretty legitimate:

"Are there going to be shirts being ripped off, please?"~Jessica (On learning that they might show a fight scene).

"I am scared the movie is going to be completely different."~Amanda

"I want to see him die."~Sallie (Refering to James of course).

"I am anxious to see where they place the bite mark."~Christen
"I want lots of close-ups of Edward."~Kaity

Out of the nine students questioned, only 2 people were going to watch the MTV Movie Awards prior to the annoucment. Of course, they all plan to watch now. Briallant move MTV!
Now its your turn....
How do you feel about seeing the clip on Sunday? Anxious? Excited? Both? Will you be looking for fatal flaws or accepting the movie for what it is?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My kids and I will ABSOLUTELY be watching! We have it set to record on TIVO so we can watch it over and over and over and . . . well you get the idea!

Roxie said...

I will be watching!!!

Anonymous said...

Sadly I do not have cable, but I most certainly will high tail to to work and check out MTV on the internet the next day. I have been tracking the movie since I read the books and I think they are doing one heck of a good job. Understandably people are highly concerned it will not be. But one has to realize that to take a big book such as twilight and shrink it into and hour and 1/2 things will be different. But I believe the essence of the book, the heart of will still be there. Scenes may be combined and condensed, but I think the same magic that we get from the books will be there. The snippets and previews we have seen this far have quelled my fears of the movie being awful.

Remember to keep an open mind when you see the movie...